We are one of the many farmstands out on the East End of Long Island. Our farmstand is a branch off of our fifth generation family owned and operated farm.
The Corwith family set roots in Southampton, NY in the 1660's. After several generations of managing the town, serving in various wars, and running the Water Mill General Store, James Hervey Corwith became interested in farming and purchased 25 acres in the "Head of the Pond" area of Water Mill in the early 1900's. Our main farm still operated on Head of Pond Road today.
James' son, James Carlton, acquired additional land in the area which expanded the business to wheat, corn and potatoes. JC raised his children, including Richard "Pete" and Paul, on the farm. The boys collected eggs and tended to the dairy cows. Pete and Paul then took over in 1966 with the passing of JC. Pete and his wife had four children: Emily, Lynn, Richard "Dicky" and Bill. Paul and his wife also raised four children: Gail, Mark, David and Doreen.
Dicky took to farming at a young age and loved working with his father and uncle, officially joining the partnership as a member. Upon Dicky's father's death in the 1990's, Mark joined, bringing his experience and knowledge of flowering stock and evergreen trees. Mark created the Tower Lot Nursery and worked with Dicky until he moved to South Carolina. Around the same time Dicky's son, Richard "Rich", was of age to become a skilled farmer. Dicky and Rich worked side by side for years until Dicky's sudden passing in 2015. Rich is still committed to carry on the long family history of farming on the East End, but now has the help of David's son, Ryan.
In 2018 Ryan decided to take his self-serve farmstand to the next level by adding a farmstand building to one of the "Head of Pond" properties. Ryan and Rich teamed up to run the stand which offers numerous amounts of produce, flowers. farm fresh eggs and more throughout the summer months, and a pumpkin patch that offers a variety of activities in the fall months.